- Regular paper presentation by faculty in national and international form
- Regular guest lectures on varied themes as part of the SCANSY (Student Association) activities
- Approved centre for conducting laboratory courses by the Institution of Engineers (India)
- As a part of the curriculum, a one-week survey camp is successfully conducted every academic year and students also undertake site visits to understand the different techniques employed in special structures like Temples (Orirukkai, Tanjore Big Temple), Airports, Dams, etc.
- The School of Civil Engineering is responsible for a clean and a green campus through the Environmental Club
- Various training sessions for skilled people in the construction industry is a regular feature.
- Organised International Conferences, workshops and study tours on Coastal hazards, Earthquake Engineering, Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete structures, Ancient temple architecture, Environmental management, etc.