- Regular paper presentations by faculty members in national and international forums.
- Regular guest lectures on various themes as part of the CEA (Civil Engineering Association) and KLF (Knowledge Leadership Forum) activities.
- Approved centre for conducting laboratory courses by the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Every academic year, a one-week survey camp is successfully held as part of the curriculum. Also, students undertake site visits to understand various techniques employed in special structures like temples, airports, dams, etc.
- School of Civil Engineering is responsible for the maintenance of the environment-friendly campus.
- Various skill enhancement sessions are regularly offered for people engaged in construction industry.
- School of Civil Engineering is taking part in TYRE (Trained Youth Ready for Employment programme)-TVS Srichakra – SASTRA Finishing School
- The school organises international conferences and workshops on thrust areas of research.